Ah, my old GAABots project. This is one I'll be revisiting in the near future. At one time I wanted to make a 'really simple' game. Just a cannonball physics/distance style game. I really like doing the concept 'grunt' work...figuring out compositions in thumbs, iterative changes etc. I figure since I don't have the time to make a full game, I can use some of my AE skills to make it look like I've made the game. A nice animated intro...flashy cut scenes and titles and back story...I'm looking forward to getting this video made!
I recently finished an illustration for a wedding card. I hadn't done any watercolour painting in a long time and it's something I wanted to try again. So this was a good opportunity. After a couple of sketches, the client picked their favourite and I set to getting the image finished.
I was approached recently to create an identity for a musician for his YouTube channel. He wanted a Japanese influence in the logo. We went through a couple of rounds of changes and this was the version he wanted to go with. It was a nice smooth project to work on. I'll post a link to his tunes as soon as I get it.
I've been investing in myself for the last few weeks by creating materials for my logo and website. All the materials have arrived. Letterheads, stickers, envelope labels, business cards and postcards. Here's some shots. Click any of the images to bring up it's full size.
My girlfriend has a tendency to mix up her phrases...a lot. As a gift, I created a desktop calendar for her. I took some of her best mix-ups and made little illustrations for them. Some photos of the final calendar and each of the illustrations beneath. For a closer look, clicking on any of the small images will bring them up to a larger size. I think most of them are like we're looking in on what she's saying. Like a confused fly on the wall...